In Path of Exile, I heard one player said that he has always been a fan of the “alch-n-go” method of mapping, but part of him wants to invest into a Windripper TS MF character. After seeing the nerfs to Zana Breach and Bisco’s Collar this league, is MF worth investing into, or should he just keep doing what he is doing?
In fact, MF is always worth doing if your goal is to mass farm currency. If you want to experience the game then no. You definitely do not need MF at all, it’ll probably slow down your progression if you are a slower and more casual player.
Most MF builds are absurdly expensive simply because they put in the time with less expensive variants to be able to farm top tier MF gear. Do you need 2 +10 quant 100res +life+rarity gambles to be effective? No but if you farm effectively with the starting set (I usually use goldwyrm boots and a perandus blazon) you make the money to fill in the slots with more god tier MF items.
A lot of things to consider, lets name a few:
1. Yes, my “only” healing comes from the ring, Blood Drinker and life potion. The ring is underrated for certain builds.
2. Boss time depends entirely on the buffs of your HH, or if you usually play with a support, which I do. This video of mine is from Abyss, but the build is basically the same, so you can get an idea.
3. After playing both builds extensively, in my opinion I would say that the Windripper will end up having more damage/speed, but for that to happen you need a helmet +2 TS, Rigwald Quills, Windripper (obviously), and probably even one of them corrupted with +1 arrows. How much money is all of that?
4. On the contrary you have KB, with its core being only Piscators plus Eshs Mirror in a random 4L.
5. With bosses rewards being so crap, you’ll loose the occasional map drop from them, but you seriously should skip them if they take too long or you think that they can kill you.
Hopefully the above guide will be helpful to you.