Albion Online, the MMORPG of Sandbox Interactive, presents today in more details of the Guardians, robust and dangerous creatures that inhabit the red and black areas.
Who are they? Why do they exist?
They are the real protectors of Albion, created and become stronger than any other form of life thanks to the ancient magic and power of the earth of which they are now the fervent defenders.
- Exploitation of resources: like other creatures they turn into a spot of resources after their death, which will then allow you to harvest 2,560 resources of Tier 6.
- Where to find them: they appear randomly in the red and black zones on the vast territories of resources T6. Once defeated, their reappearance takes between 12 and 48 hours. Sharpen your hunting skills and stalk them!
- Fighting: Each Protector requires a very special raid organization but it is advisable to go there in groups of ten. Damage will be minimized if your group are too numerous. Likewise, it will be necessary to be fast and organized because after fifteen minutes of fight, the fury wins them and they then become much more powerful.
Old White (Hide)
The Ancient White is a massive white mammoth spiritually connected to all mammoths that have lived in the past and will live in the future. It can be found in a cave of Tier 6 Hide Dens in the Steppe biome. Considered to be the weakest Guardian, he is surrounded by many other creatures, including the aggressive Terrorbirds.
- Hitpoints: 904,849
- Auto-attack damage: 3,000 (physical) to everyone in front of Old White.
- Avalanche: Old White uses its trunk to throw a number of rocks. Everyone hit will receive 2,750 magic damage and be knocked back 15 meters.
- Spirit Stampede: The massive mammoth gets on its hind legs and brings down a stampede of three spirit mammoths that damage everyone in their path, dealing 3,750 magic damage and knocking them back 15 meters.
Ancient Ent (Wood)
The Ancient Ent is a giant spiritual tree that can be found in Tier 6 Tree Groves in the Forest biome. With his Piercing Roots spell, you will have to coordinate with your allies to hope to come out in one piece.
- Hitpoints: 922,591
- Auto-attack damage: 2,892 (physical)
- Piercing Roots: Thorny branches sprout under every player, appearing every 1.3 seconds for a total of 8 times. Avoid them, or you will not only receive 1,250 physical damage, but will also receive 375 damage over time for every time you got hit. With these nasty branches appearing everywhere, you have to be extra careful not to run into a teammate’s path!
- Nasty Roots: The Ent rampages on the ground, rooting and dealing damage to the tank and nearby players. Every tick deals 1,000 magic damage, with a total of 10 ticks. This spell can only be interrupted with the Interrupt skill!
Rock Giant (Rock)
Present in Tier 6 Rock Outcrops, in the Highlands biome, the Rock Giant is the only Guardian that fights at a distance.
- Hitpoints: 878,236
- Auto-attack damage: Ranged attack, 3,750 physical damage to everyone hit.
- Earthquake: The Rock Giant lets out a tremendous roar, after which it starts stampeding the ground, hitting everyone in a 20 meter radius for 2,500 physical damage. If you are 10 meters or less away from the Giant when he starts stampeding, you will be hit for an additional 6,250 damage! Once hit, you get knocked back 28 meters.
- Rock Prison: All players with a ranged or magical weapon are trapped in a prison of rocks, stunning them completely. Damage the rocks to get them out fast, as they will receive 500 true damage (meaning armor is ignored) every 3 seconds (for a total of 15 seconds). Everyone who is within 1 meter radius of the rock prisons receives the same amount of damage.
- Giant Kick: The Rock Giant kicks the main tank, massively reducing the already generated threat. On top of that, the target and everyone in a 3 meter radius around the target receives 2,500 physical damage and is knocked back 15 meters.
Enormous Dryad (Fiber)
You can find the Enormous Dryad in the Swamps of T6 Fiber Meadows.
- Hitpoints: 860,494
- Auto-attack damage: 3,818 (physical)
- Eroding Swamp: Initially dealing 2,500 magic damage, it also places a deadly debuff on its target. M speed is reduced by 20% for 20 seconds, threat generation is reduced by 10% for 20 seconds and it deals 250 damage per second for a total of 19 ticks, for each stack of the debuff. Consider bringing multiple tanks!
- Pulsing Thorns: Spiky thorns spiral around the Dryad, in an outwards direction. When hit, you will be silenced for 15 seconds and suffer 1,250 magic damage every 3 seconds, for a total of 6 ticks. Especially healers should be very wary of this skill!
- Double Cleave: All players in front of the Dryad receive 2,500 magic damage. This attack has a range of 15 meters!
Ore Colossus (Ore)
The Ore Colossus can be found near the Tier 6 Ore Veins in the mountains. His devastating Punch and Crystal Swarm can quickly put your adventure in jeopardy.
- Hitpoints: 895,978
- Auto-attack damage: none (no auto-attack)
- Giant’s Punch: The Colossus slams his fist into the ground, dealing 3,800 physical damage to the tank and will inflect them with Crystal Resonance. This debuff pulls players closer to the tank every 8 seconds for 4 ticks, with more stacks of Crystal Resonance increasing its range by 5 meter (maximum of 5 stacks). On top of that, the Giant’s Punch has a 50% chance of spawning four exploding crystal in a straight line, with each explosion dealing 3,000 damage.
- Crystal Swarm: Every player in a 30 meter radius around the Ore Colossus receives a crystal bomb. This crystal explodes after 2.5 seconds, dealing 3,000 magic damage to its target and everyone within 4 meters. Spread out, if you want to stay alive!
Giant’s Punch has only 3 seconds of recharge, so it can be considered the Auto-attack of this Guardian.